   Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:05:41 -0500
   From: "Gary Bohannon" <beauxart2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fw: [Harp-L] number of crystal vs. ceramic jt30's

Judging from what I've seen, the ceramics are kinda rare compared to
the
crystal JT's... seems like for every 20 crystals I see an old ceramic.
Most
of the ceramics I have, and have seen, were from the '60's, which
coincides
with the fact that just about every late '60's/early '70's crystal JT
I've
found is usually dead.  Seems like the quality control of the '60's
crystals
really fell off, I'm sure that's why Astatic must of started to produce
more
ceramics at that time.
The ceramics are nice sounding mics, real even and kinda mellow...
great for
higher key harps.

Some of the big time harp mic collector guys could probably weigh in
here
and give a more educated opinion.

Hope that helps,
Gary B.