Subject: [Harp-L] RE: no harp content- peaceful rebuttal to bill hines

Bill Hines writes (snipped):  "I'm here for harp content. I do other  reading
to keep up with the world's problems, the world's goodness, social  issues,
"our planet
earth" (yes I belong to Sierra, btw), health, financial  advice, politics,
other types of good music. I don't really want that here.  That's called spam.
Plus, it leads to discontent - for every harmonica-playing  lover of our planet
earth, we might have a logger harmonica player here (just  kidding!)."

To Randy's (also snipped):  "For one time, i posted a non harp post  about
our planet earth.
You see, the harmonica may be the most important  issue to harmonica
players, but every now and then, it is good to remember  that some things
are more important"

......Actually, If I may be permitted to chime in here with what I  hope is a
"harp related" comment re Randy's original post?  (I'm  still missing
in-between "digests" so forgive me if this is repetitive in any  way).   Musicians
read and post on this list:  harmonica players  and people who play harp as part
of their over-all repertoire.   Some  of them make CD's.  Some of them are
professional  musicians who also make and produce videos at most  often
outrageously exorbitant prices.   If Randy's posting of Sarah  McLachlan's CD which
quietly demonstrates how much further those  monies can go towards perhaps
curing some of the ills of this world rather  than "wasting" them on an
over-produced video, then I'm all for it.   Compare the stark beauty of a
singer/songwriter/musician simply sitting in front  of a camera acoustically playing (in
this instance a guitar) (isn't  this, after all the entire premise of the Blues?)
and if that can  possibly influence even one future harp video, then I'm
missing why  this could not be considered "harp" content?  It's all good music.
Honestly - wouldn't you all love to see Jason Ricci, Dennis Gruenling  or Joe
Filisko in  similar  stripped-down, up close and  personal videos, knowing
they cost only a few bucks to produce?   I would!

Elizabeth