[Harp-L] Re: Gear

Charles asks:
"Isn't there any new amplification for harp which delivers 1) nice warm distortion, 2) low feedback, and 3) the volume to compete with guitar players, and is: 1) readily available 2) doesn't cost thousands of dollars???"

Sure there is. If all my gear were stolen tomorrow (God forbid!), I'd have no qualms about investing in a Harp Commander II (http://www.holmeseng.com/page5.html), a Shure SM57 and a Shure low-to-hi-z transformer. A great rig that, when run through a PA, will give you more than enough power to battle any guitarist. And if $1,000 is your spending limit, you'd still have plenty of dough left to buy a good reverb or echo pedal and maybe even a keyboard amp to run the HC into.
In fact, this is basically the rig I use most often now (minus the keyboard amp - I always go into the PA). The only differences are that I have an original Harp Commander (doesn't accomodate battery use) and use a number of different mics depending on my mood.
MN