[Harp-L] Re: Gear

Charles asks:
"Isn't there any new amplification for harp which delivers 1) nice warm
distortion, 2) low feedback, and 3) the volume to compete with guitar
players, and is: 1) readily available 2) doesn't cost thousands of
dollars???"

Digitech RP200 with mic of choice, straight into the PA.  $149 new, plus the mic of your choice -- I use a Labtec AM-22 that costs $8 new from a computer supply house.  If you want something big and loud onstage, add a keyboard amp for $200-$500 depending on size and volume.

The RP200 takes time to tweak to your personal specs, see my web site at
http://hunterharp.com/effectset.html for several good starting point patches.  In addition to the characteristics you describe above, it has effects ranging from great (delay, pitch shift) to good (chorus, flange, detune, phase) to so-so (reverb).

This is a very low-cost and flexible option.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com