Fwd: [Harp-L] Max Geldray on "The Goon Show" - mp3 downloads

There's a download site that periodically rotates different mp3s of
old Goon Shows:

http://www.thegoonshow.net/downloads.asp

Every episode had two music numbers, one by Max and one by a singer
named Ray Ellington, who also occasionally played characters in the
stories.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MundHarp@xxxx wrote:

When I was VERY young, I was inspired by a wonderful chromatic
harmonica
player, Max Geldray. I understand that he was born in Holland, but
after living in
England for some years, he settled in the U.S.A., sadly he passed
away
recently... Harp-L regular Bill Romel used to fix his harmonicas!
To this day I haven't heard a better jazz harp player....
I attach a link to BBC radio, the Goon Show, from 1955.... If you are
into
great harmonica players, listen to this... There is only one tune
from Max
Geldray... But it is WONDERFUL.
ENJOY!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/monday/