[Harp-L] embossing

In a message dated 11/4/2005 10:29:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I flared  the cover plates on a SP20 for the first time, successfully, but
cut the crap  out of my finger holding the harp as I made the two small 3/16"
cuts in the  cover plate with the hack saw at the end posts...

I just noticed this sentence to a post i just replied to.  U don't  need to
make cuts in a harp cover to open up the backs.  I simply use a  pair of pliers
and the bending takes me about 15 seconds if i do it  slowly.  I can even do
it without taking the covers off my SP20's, cept for  the center post.  The
pliers leave slight marks in the covers that can be  seen with the covers off,
but it's no problem whatsoever.
  A short while ago there was an extensive discussion on this topic,  but my
method is the fastest and easiest, imho.
ron