Re: [Harp-L] Re: suncoast blues fest 11/05/05

Sorry I came in the middle of this, but I'd like to share what I know about Mark Wenner, since he was one of the inspirations for my taking up the harp in 1973. I came of age in Bethesda, Maryland in the late 60s and always remember the 'Hawks and Mark Wenner playing almost weekly at the Psychedeli (just in case an old timers are monitoring this transmission).

Admittedly, I haven't seen him play in years and his chops may have gone South since the last time I saw him (early 90s) or it might have just been an off-night, but I do hope you will give him another chance.

He is kind of a legend where I come from for both harp and vocals. Perhaps your next experience with the Nighthawks will be better. If you can locate a copy of the "Rock and Roll" cd or the "Live at the Psychedeli" cd, you would understand what I'm talking about.

Mark Russillo
(a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid)