Re: [Harp-L] Willis

I have heard too of his albums (the titles escape me) and one of them starts with an almazing song called something like Nietsche's quote "If it don't kill you it only makes you stronger". Great tone, great energy, horn section and all. Great song. Better than most. Although I don't care for the rest of the album or the other record of his I got (waaaaaaay too much smooch), that song alone tells me he is (or was) a more than competent player...

Ben
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Cohen
  To: 'John Frazer' ; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:38 PM
  Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Willis

  > He has an album out. What % of the harp-l membership can say
  > the same? My CD is not available in stores, so I don't think
  > it counts.

  Being a matinee idol doesn't guarantee competence in music.  But it will
  certainly get you a record deal.  Don't forget that William Shatner and
  Leonard Nimoy both did albums oh and my wife has an LP done by one of
  the Charlie's Angels, Cheryl Ladd.  I haven't heard Willis blow harp in
  a long time but I guarantee that many, many players on this list could
  blow him off the stage, if they were of a mind to.

  Bob

  ><
  Principal                                      E : bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  MojoTools Web Design                           W : www.mojotools.com