Re: [Harp-L] Reed plate screws / tapping reed plates

This is a timely subject for me, so I'll add my own question to Mojoman's.

I've got a couple of stripped screwholes on Sp20 plates. Yes, yes, I know, I
need to more careful tightening the screws and not overdo it. It's on older
harps that I've worked on so they've been screwed and unscrewed numerous
times and now a few holes don't catch.

New screws might help and I still need to find a hobby shop close by that
sells M2 x 10mm as recommended by Michael Timler when he was still with
harponline.

It's not a critical problem, because I seem to get a good seal all the same
with the available holes. Still, any suggestions for a remedy?

John

> Hey there harp mod geniuses.
> I want to find out how I would drill/tap an MS reedplate to accept
additional reed plate screws. Using standard drill bits (1/16, 3/64) , the
factory brass reed plate screws do not grip...the screw or the hole gets
stripped.
> Any instructions for this mechanically challenged Mojoman?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Check out the "Mojoland" section of my website for live recordings, info
on the band and upcoming events!