RE: [Harp-L] Please post info on blues radio programs in your area

Sam asked about blues on local radio programs...

I'm a bit behind in responding because I've been out of town, but I'm glad
you asked that, Sam.  It turns out that KVNF is a very cool all volunteer
DJ-powered public radio station in Paonia, Colorado that has a blues show
called "Blues And Other Colors" on Tuesday afternoons from 1:00 to 4:00 PM,
MST.  The show is 99% blues, and is hosted by two knowledgeable and
enthusiastic blues musicoligists who spin a wide variety of blues from
classic to more progressive, with a good measure of harmonica guranteed.  I
encourage you to listen on the web at www.kvnf.org.  If you're lucky, you
might catch me at the board, as I am  substitute DJ for that show!  :)

Here's a special message to harp-lers who have CD's they'd like to get on
the mountain airwaves.  KVNF's broadcast region covers over 10,000 square
miles of Colorado's western slope from Telluride to Grand Junction (via a
series of repeaters on the mountaintops).  I've made sugggestions to a few
harp-l harmonica players in the past to have them send copies of their CD's
to the station:

Attn: Candy Penetta, Music Director
      KVNF
      P.O. Box 1350
      Paonia, CO

Dennis Gruenling and PT Gazell are amongst the harp-lers who have sent CD's
that are getting KVNF air time over the southern Rocky Mountain region.  If
you have an "under-distributed" harmonica-centric CD that you feel deserves
a "fair play," send it to Candy's attention and she will see that it gets
onto the "wall" of new CDs from which the DJ's make their play lists.  If
you send me an off-list e-mail message that you are sending a CD or two to
Candy, I will make sure that she gets a heads-up and personal recommendation
from me.  If you have a promotional poster, I'll post it in the hallway of
the station (helps to alert DJ's about new CDs).  And, I'll be better able
to keep track of what CDs are sent so I can recommend them to fellow DJ's
and play them on my own shows (I substitute on several other rockin' KVNF
shows as well as the blues show and am a regular in the rotation of DJ's who
spin on Friday night's popular "Turn It Up" show, which will gives me
another great opportunity to showcase some hot modern harpers.)

So take a listen on-line and send KVNF your harp CDs!

Thanks,

Michelle