RE: [Harp-L] LW amp

 Great stuff. I read several years ago by someone who hung out with Walter that he had an amp with 8- 6" speakers.  I'm sure he played with all kinds of amps and mics as his recording tone was very different in many songs.    Back then there were hundreds of thousands of full power R7 crystal mics from Shure and the stock 99-131 crystals and the CM's and CR's.  Darn near every bullet mic made was a hot one back in those days and I'm sure some of his hot tone was from those.  If anyone has the CD "Chicago Blues Harmonica".... Snooky, Dave Myers, Little Willie Foster etc.  LIsten to Dave Myers' song "Wailing" as it flat smokes with huge hot amp tone.  Sounds like Walters hot sound.  It could be that same amp setup after reading the link. Thanks for the link, I love that stuff,steve --- On Fri 11/11, Dina Janzen < dlj@xxxxxx > wrote:From: Dina Janzen [mailto: dlj@xxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:59:37 -0600Subject: [Harp-L] LW ampAnyone note the blurb
on Little Walter's gear by Scott Dirks on his LW web page? URL is below.http://www.littlewalter.net/LWequipment.htmlI wonder if the amp pictured at the link below is the amp in the Meyers pic. Might even be that very amp, huh? That would make it priceless, huh?http://photobucket.com/albums/v103/jimdr/LW%20amp/? action=view&current=LWsamp.jpgJim_______________________________________________Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.orgHarp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com