From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Mark Wilson
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:57 PM
To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] LW amp

That article was very reassuring, especially the info on Walters preference
for playing and singing through Masco type PA's. I just signed a six week
contract with a restaurant owner to run a jam on Sunday afternoons for 20%
of the take in the bar. Since this is an upscale restaurant, and I want
things to work out so we can continue into the new year, I need to keep the
volume WAY down so everyone goes home happy. I decided earlier this week to
use my Masco PA into a single extension cab with a twelve to drive an SM58
for vocals and acoustic harp, and a 5 watt amp for the bullet mic setup. The
guitar player is playing through a Blackface Princeton modified with a 12
inch speaker and the bass player through a 15 watt solid state amp. I'll
also have a small keyboard (the portable type) with two built in 8"
speakers, and that's about it. No drum kit, just a couple of hand
percussionists. The first jam starts tomorrow afternoon and I'm a bit
paranoid since I've only tried this setup at home, without the guitar
player, in a very small room. Anyone see any major flaws in this setup??

Thanks
Mark