[Harp-L] recording live gigs- new live recordings

Hey List,
A while back I posted that I had bought a Gigatracker form The Sound
Professionals
_The  Sound Professionals, Inc._
(http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=0)  to record live gigs & rehearsals.
I recorded a gig with the mic I bought from them, but wasn't too satisfied.
I was able to get a good deal on two AKG C1000s condenser mics (thanks for the
 lead, Chris Michalek) & they made a HUGE difference.
This weekend I used the new rig for the first time to record our band at a
small, pretty noisy bar. The results were fantastic. Crowd noise was a problem
on mellow passages. But that can be fixed with better mic  placement. ( I was
restricted as to where I could place the mics, so I  couldn't really get away
from the crowd noise.)
The fidelity is amazing. The unit has a built in battery powered  stereo
pre-amp that is first rate. I think I am going to love this  machine.

BTW, We now have some live cuts up on our website. Stay away from Gin &
Juice if you are parody impaired or easily offended. There is some harp on  a few
of the  tunes. I don't have anything up from this weekend yet,  but it will
get some of those cuts up ASAP.

Later,
Rosco
_may.be  au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)