Fwd: [Harp-L] 545 was: LW and monarch mc 24

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TomEHarp@xxxx wrote:

for 30 years i was told by at og great harp players that walter
played
through a 545 now i'm finding out what they thought was a 545 was a
monarch mc-24.
or it could have been a slimx that looked similar.bbut not even close
to a 545
i have an old 545 and never liked it cause it feeds real bad. very
thin
sounding. i can not figure how butterfield had such a nice tone
through his.and
walter i do not believe LW ever played through a 545, i could be very
wrong.

tom lee
in ct
peace on earth
play the blues

*****Yeah, those old 545's are no good!  Let's lower the demand and
keep the prices down for me.  :-)
No insult intended.  Personally, I don't find that they feed real
bad.  And I'm glad LW didn't play one; it would just drive the price
up higher -- it's tough enough that Butter did!  (It's my current
fav -- that's why I felt compelled to reply.)
Be well, all.
--john k.