[Harp-L] Trip to the States. Places to go?

Hi all.

Next weekend I'll be leaving for my first trip to the States. I'm visiting some friends in South Carolina, and two of the scheduled visits so far are Memphis and Natchez, MS, because they have relatives there. Now, my friends aren't much into the blues, so I'm looking for some info on cool blues-related places to go to in the SC, NC, TN and MS areas: from joints, record stores or jam sessions to routes, locations of places like the Muddy Waters cabin or the Dockery Farm...Any kind of hints will be appreciated.

Not to bring the topic up again, but I'll be carrying my harps and a couple of mics in the cabin luggage, so I hope I won't have any problem. Last week in Toulouse, France, they made me check-in my back pack because I had a flashlight in it, and they argued that it could be used as a weapon to hit someone in the head (!). I've always carried my flashlight in the cabin luggage, and never had a problem. But I guess that under the same reasoning you could stick your harp into someone's eye, or take the covers out and use them as threatening knives. Or, more scary, you could threaten to play some Alanis stuff on it...Brrrrrr...Anyway, I was just thinking out loud with this, so I'll let you know if I find some problem with the harps.

Best regards from Spain, and thanks in advance for the help.

David