Re: Re: [Harp-L] best of pigpen

Joel Fritz <jfritz666@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend.  The silence part was rhetorical
> excess in search of a cheap laugh. Anyone can like Pigpen.  I'm actually
> neutral about the Grateful Dead and I don't want to have a drawn out
> argument over a matter of taste. I'm right, of course, but I wouldn't be
> surprised if someone else thought I was nuts.

that's cool.  i didn't mean to sound so harsh.  sometimes deadheads are
a little sensitive, as they're often used as whipping boys on other music
lists.  compared to some that i've seen, your comments would seem like
glowing praise.

> BTW, you should see what reviewers on Broadjam have said about my
> vocals.  Some of them were a lot more negative than what I said about
> Pigpen.  Others were neutral and a few liked them.  My favorite negative
> one was "This is blues, not opera."  Weird, I don't care much for opera.

when one of the perennial "moe sucks" threads cropped up on emule a
while back, someone posted a hilarious satire entitled "WAFFLES SUCK",
which went on and on about how bad waffles are, and how much better
their preferred breakfast food (pancakes?  i don't recall) is.  made the
point quite well.  you like what you like.  you don't like what you don't.
if you don't like it, don't eat it.  or listen to it.

we're cool.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?