Re: [Harp-L] Doug Tate

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said. The sheer volume of posts should give an indication to all who didn't know him of what a great man Doug was.

I had a few lenghty conversations with him about teaching (my profession) and some of the things he told me about how he used to teach school children were absolutely amazing. I always walked away inspired to do a better job with my own students. As far as I can tell, Doug knew everything there ever was to know about anything.

I can't imagine future conventions without him and that makes me very said. At the same time, I am very thankful that I got to spend as much time with him as I did. I'm a better person for it.

Doug left a huge impression on me despite the fact that I only met him a handful of times. I will never forget him.

Alec