[Harp-L] Douglas Tate. Loss and Legacy.

I am greatly saddened by Douglas' passing and Bobbie's loss.  As one of
those on the 'short list' to receive a Renaissance, I had the privilege of
corresponding at some length in email and by telephone with this iconic
figure these past two years.  While I regret that Douglas' illness prevented
completion of my instrument, I regret much more the missed opportunity to
sit down with him face-to-face and converse over a glass of Mcallan's.

Not only did Bobbie Giordano and Douglas Tate revolutionize design and QAC
of the chromatic harmonica, they cared a great deal for one another.  There
is no doubt that Douglas is happy his musical legacy and generosity of heart
and spirit live on through his beloved partner.

Kindest regards,

Jason

Jason M. Kays
Attorney at Law