[Harp-L] RE: Harp Players Deserving Acclaim

>Very well said Rainbowjimmy. I'm an  unabashed Big
Walter wannabe

 > Doc Watson, Spider John Koerner, and John Hammond
Jr. are three still
>living players that have a great harp sound and
deserve acclaim.

>  All three simultaneously sing, play great guitar,
and play top notch
>harp on a rack. I've seen all three live, at the Club
47 and other
>clubs, and they're all definitely worth checking out.

Please don't forget these two unacclaimed amazing harp
players who were in the Boston/Cambridge area back in
the 60's. Pierre Beauregarde was a genius harmonica
player and probably still is. My spies tell me that he
is driving a cab in the Provincetown area and still
plays. Peter Ivers went to Harvard and was a very
unusual player and ended up being murdered in Los
Angeles some years ago. I wonder who else is hiding
out there waiting to be accknowledge.

http://mail.yahoo.com