Re: [Harp-L] RP-80 patches

"Akarsha Kumar" wrote:
I recently purchased a Digitech RP-80 effects processsor to add some variety
to my sound. I was wondering if anyone has patches to simulate horns. I have
to play horn lines for a couple of RnB tunes (Aretha Franklin stuff) and it
would be nice to sound less like blues harp on such songs.

I don't have such a patch.  However, one approach would be to use the autowah effect to allow you to increase the power of initial attacks on notes, which with careful playing might be more horn-like (and would certainly sound less like a blues harp).  Take a look at the envelope filter patch published on my website at:

http://hunterharp.com/effectset.html

Also try playing with the pitch shifter.  An octave up or down, a perfect 4th down, or a perfect 5th up might all provide a horn-like sound.  Experiment with the level of the added pitch until you get something that sounds right.

Good luck, RH