Fwd: [Harp-L] XB-40 Extreme Bender Pros and Cons query - and answers

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nate Taiapa
<huffa.puffa@xxxx> wrote:

Hi people,Keith from www.jt30.com gives the pros and cons for the
XB40 ExtremeBender harmonica...is he on the button? Are there any
other pros andcons you would add. I'm thinking of getting me one.
Thanks for your time.Nate

==WInslow replies===

XB-40 ProsLoud!Big holes are a pleasure to play through.Interesting
possibilities in bending ? especially First Position.New low end and
high end possibilities for cross harp players.Cool toy to fool around
with.It will make other harpers jealous.

==All true===

XB-40 ConsToo easy to bend.Difficult to control bends.

====It's a new tool and you ahve to learn how to sue it. It does
things you never knew how to do before.===

Wide variation in bending ability.

===Note sure what this means. The whole instrument bends more than
you will expect.===

Will need to be adjusted by expert for real usefulness.

===Nonsense. I played mine out of the box for 18 months before
divciding to make adjustments. ONce again, it's a new tool. Learn to
use it. Then figure out what changes might be useful.

Light reeds may not last long for a player who is hard in his harps.

====UTTER NONSENSE - and speculation based on no experience. Reeds
are not "light" - they're the same consistency as other reeds, and
longer than the reeds in standard diatonics. My actual experience:
After two years of hard playing on only three harps, no reed
failures, and no going out of tune. Only thing I've needed to repair
are a couple of plastic valve flaps that fell out and needed to be
glued back in.====

At $79.95US plus shipping, I can only afford one or two keys

===NO argument about the price - though you can find them about $10
cheaper if you shop.===

Winslow