[Harp-L] Portable amplifier

Don,

  As far as I've seen, you can't do any better than the Pignose Hog-20 for a portable harp amplifier. Its 20W and is rechargable. It has two small lead-acid batteries inside that will give you more than 6 hours of playing time between charges. It has volume, tone, and squeal (distortion) controls. Check out the following link for a review of this amp by Steve "Big Daddy Bluzharp" Harvell.

  http://members.tripod.com/~bluzharp/hog20.html

  You can also go to my website at www.geocities.com/bottle_o_blues. Go to the sound samples page and you can find a couple sound files of harp played through this amp. There are also pictures of the amp on my page.

  I sell this amp through my website along with my Bottle 'O Blues mics but this is not a sales pitch. Its a really good amp for harp and you should consider it regardless of where you buy it. I play mine all the time and love it. Its really cool to be able to get that much volume without plugging in. You can dial in some pretty good sounds with it too.

  Jim McBride