[Harp-L] Volume Pedals

I want to use a volume PEDAL with my amplified harp...I do not care for the inline volume controls.....however, my Ernie Ball VP Jr. sucks tone and has an abrupt taper -with most of the volume control occuring at mid volume of the volume roll-off. Anyone ever try a Morley volume pedal ( which uses an LED rather than a volume pot ).
Can the volume pot of a Ball be changed out for a 100k ohm resistence pot like those used in inline harmonica volume controls and green bullet type mics?
I use vintage hi-impedence dynamic mics ( Shure 545's and EV Re-10's ) into a Kendrick valve amp made for harp. Oh, I moved to New Zealand 8 months ago.
Cheers
Roger Boyce