[Harp-L] Lee Oskar's Moustache

The tenacious moustache grabbing quality of LO  harps is well known to us furry faced harping units. I'm wondering what  other solutions have been tried to make  LO's more friendly.

  I scrape some wax from a natural beeswax candle, warm and soften it  between my fingers, and press it in around the ends of the cover plate,  the square holes, and around the screw edge.

  I use the yellow ochre real beeswax because it softens nice when you  warm it. Synthetic wax candles chip and flake. It works good and lasts  a long time but looks a little funky. I keep looking for the right  sized plastic or hard rubber plug from elelctronics or auto parts but  haven't found anything yet.

  Shaving isn't an option. I've had the moustache 35 years and I'm a  little concerned about what might be under there. Any one else got an  idea that works?