[Harp-L] recording gigs rig

Hey list,

A while back I wrote that I would post a review of of the  Gigatracker
recorder I bought from from The Sound Professionals .
_http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-GIGATRACKER_
(http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-GIGATRACKER)

I've used this unit to record 6 or 7 rehearsals & three gigs. I am VERY
happy with it. The tiny stereo pre-amp is amazing. The optional  stereo mic  I
bought with the unit was unsatifactory, so I got a couple AKG c1000s mics that
really improved the sound. I am still learning how to best place the mics, but
for ease of operation & recording fidelity, this little thing is  fantastic!
If I could just eliminate the loud drunks in the audience, I'd  have CD
quality recordings. Of course, if I eliminated loud drunks from our  audience, we'd
lose half our fan base.
Recording all our gigs has been eye ( or, I guess, ear) opening.  It is
making me a better player. Stuff I thought was challenging &  cool doesn't come
across as well live, stuff I think of as easy & boring  often sounds great.
Live & learn.
We have live recordings of some of our tunes up on our website. The latest
stuff was recorded with the Gigatracker. Check it out.

Later,
Rosco
_may.be  au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)