[Harp-L] Portable amps

Just as a short note about options for portable (small, battery powered) &/or 'practice' amps.

I've used a Roland Microcube...runs on AAs for close to 20 hours, has built-in CSOM amp simulation
as well as volume, tone, gain, and two different FX dials that give you a choice of chorus/flanger/tremelo
and delay/reverb. It has an AUX IN for use with a CD player or an iPod, and a headphone-lineout.
The amp models and FX are not earth shattering, but they are certainly servicable.
You'll need to dial in the volume, gain, and model selections to balance overall volume, tone and feedback.

It's not THE solution for all needs, but it weighs less than 8 pounds,, runs long on AAs, and comes with an
AC adaptor/transformer to run off normal plug-in power. The speaker is a 5 incher and power is about 2 Watts.

I'd busk with it in certain situations. I've gotten some nice tone from it with a JT-30, and Audix Fireball, and an array
of vintage Turner and Shure bullet mics. Hell, you can get a shoulder strap with it, sling it, and play while you walk....

Sweetwater has some demos from the recent NAMM show...under 100.00, shipping included. Not much of a dent, really.

-Will