[Harp-L] Re: Small Amp

Bullfrog: Congrats on the selection as Maine's rep in the contest! And good
luck.

For the best small amp I have ever heard, played through, and own, get a
Hurricane V-8. It is made for harp, @ 8 watts, 8" Jensen speaker, similar to a
Fender Champ in size and weight, but just so much better. 3 tubes (rectifier
5AR4, power 6v6, preamp 12ax7) and best of all, a line out you can run to the
PA. Anybody else here have one?

In the short run, why not bring your regular rig in an ATA case as cargo on
the plane? I've never done this but I'm sure for a fee it is possible.

I'm a real advocate of bringing my own rig to important gigs (like your
upcoming gig). I like knowing what to expect and having things the way I like
them so I can concentrate on making music. I recently played a Blues festival
with David Bromberg and we were encouraged to use amps provided by the sound
company. Both the keyboard player and I (Harp) brought our own rigs and were
very happy with the way things ended up. The bass player struggled with the rig
provided (the bass man from James Cotton who followed us had it swapped out),
 and I would have had to have played through a Blues DeVille (an OK  harp amp
- I once owned one).

Andy Vincent