[Harp-L] Weirdest Gig

I'm not going to mention gig locations, because I think we all have played
in double-wides, or the equivalent (my equivalent was pulling into a
"compound" that looked like the old television set for "Hogan's Heroes."
The bar was inside one of the buildings in the compound.  You walked up one
decrepit step into pitch blackness.  "Nah, we don't need lights in here.
Why?  Ain't you guys got lights?")  But in terms of sheer weirdness, I
remember playing in Rootstown, Ohio (yes, that's a real place), at a bar I
won't mention.  My wife (at the time)told me that one of the other band
wives noticed a disturbance and pulled her out of the way, just in time for
one bar patron to shoot another.  Turns out that it just wasn't a Friday
night unless someone got shot or stabbed in there.
I don't know if words can adequately describe my true vision of rock and
roll hell, but I think I visited there one night, when my band was booked to
play a private party.  It was some type of fraternal group, and the
party-goers were all dressed in their best.  My musical life flashed before
my eyes when a guy in a red, green, and yellow checked sports coat, with
some type of fezzy-covered hat, boogied with his female partner, dressed-up
in some bustled white evening dress.  I know my words aren't really
conveying what I want, but that's as close as I can get.
I defer to the guy with the goat.