[Harp-L] Synesthesia (was 5th position)

In a message dated 10/4/2005 12:44:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>>  When I'm playing I don't think anything, I see colors, textures,
>>  waves of rhythms in my head.  That's what I play.

What you  describe sounds like synesthesia,  a condition where a person's
sense  of sound, touch, taste or smell overlap with other senses, i.e.
hear  shapes, taste colors.   If that is indeed your case, then not only
are you one up on the average harmonicist in terms of talent, work
ethic, etc., but might actually have a neurological condition that you
can take advantage of in your musical pursuits.

Synesthesia sounds interesting from an artistic point of view.  Chris,  et
al, does this get in the way in normal everyday life?
ron