Re: [Harp-L] Need Microphone Help

You can get a 1/4" to 1/4" impedance transformer. I got one from Santa Cruz Electronics. They have a web site--just search for the name. I don't know if Shure makes one or not. Theirs are supposed to be the best.

You can change the impedance yourself. On the Shure web site they have the spec sheets for almost everything they've ever made. If your mic is not the current 520, the url for discontinued mics is:

http://shure.com/datasheets/guides-discontinued.html

The spec sheet has detailed instructions and pictures--it's far better than an email description. Usually it's a matter of moving a wire or a jumper, often no soldering required.

CHARLES BASSI wrote:
I've got a Green Bullet I bought new in the middle '80's.
No volume control.  It's labeled "Dual Impedance,"
but it sounds pretty Lo-Z to me.  Cord running from
mic has quarter inch input jack for amp.

Does anyone know if:

I could get a 1/4" to 1/4" impedance transformer?  All the ones I've seen
are XRL to 1/4".  Or would I have to get a 1/4" to XRL adaptor and THEN
use the XRL to 1/4" impedance transformer (Jeepers!)?

or

If the Green Bullet is truly "dual impedance," can I change it internally from
LOw-Z to Hi-Z?  Without electrocuting myself?

Thanks in advance,

Charles