RE: [Harp-L] Learn to play in 2 days???

You could always just pucker to get the notes and not use your tongue to
block the holes and see if that works for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of charlie zevon
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 1:39 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Learn to play in 2 days???

The song they want harp for is the U2 song Desire.  We're doing it in E so I

got a couple of A harps (Hohner Special 20 and Pro) to see which works best.

  Anyway, the main line of this song is a descending blues line: D - C# -B -

G  - E  done to a Bo Diddley rythm. I must be doing something wrong because
the G and E are pretty flat on both of the instruments.  I think it's a
tongue placement thing because when I take the tongue out of the way it's
not flat.  But then I lose control of the notes being played.  Any
suggestions?