RE: [Harp-L] intonation

Oops-should have used the tuner first-turns out the 7 blow is actually sharp. The others are in tune, or very slightly low, if I don't keep the emb. up. So-Should I fuss with the 7 to get it lower, or try to compensate with the emb? If one octave is a little low, and the other is a little high, makes it tough to do-can this be done with practice?

Thanks again,

Bill

"You can fine-tune a slightly flat reed with the Lee Oskar tool-kit quite
easily if you follow the instructions.   You need to be be sure which of the
two reeds, 4-blow or 7-blow, is actually out.  Given a good ear you might
well be able to convince yourself which one, but I'd be inclined to check
with a tuner.  I wonder why your reed has gone flat.  Lee Oskars are usually
accurately-tuned.  I play a lot in first position and 7-blow is usually the
first reed to flat out.  Blues players will tell you different.  Having said
that it takes years to do it to a Lee Oskar!

If you can really push 7-blow a little sharp you're a lot cleverer than I
am!

Steve"