[Harp-L] RE: Burying, EGOS

Sonny -- a good post. I'm always a bit humbled as you bare your soul
regarding your personal journey.

I am not a gifted harp player -- in fact I'm a pretty average beginner. But
at 47 years old the ego issue means little to me. However, had I picked up
this instrument at a younger age, some of the exhuberance of the
head-cutting type could well have been enough to keep my aspirations at bay.

However, my experience in the harp community has introduced me to the least
egotistical crowd I've ever met. I'm sure there are exceptions, but it seems
to me the majority of harp folks are incredibly supportive and encouraging.

>From my local instructor Alec Drachman, to Sonny whom I've communicated with
on other topics, to the supportive folks here on harp-l, to Lee Oskar, who
personally called my house one night to answer an emailed question, I've
never met a group of folks who as a whole, are so egrarious and accepting of
others.

The fact is this entire "bury" issue is based on a poorly selected choice of
words, rather than arrogance or animosity.

This is a good crowd, and I'm very happy to be able to play my squeeky
wavering bends with confidence that all I'll hear is encouragement and
constructive help.

Paul