[Harp-L] Leo Diamond and Neil Diamond

I went to Neil Diamond's personal website

http://www.neildiamond.com/popup-f.html

and went to the "timeline" section, which gives this information for
the period 1941-1950:

January 24, 1941

Neil Leslie Diamond

"Neil Leslie Diamond is born in Brooklyn, New York at the Isreal Zion
Hospital, to Akeeba and Rose Diamond."

So it would appear that the famous singer-songwriter Neil Diamond is
no relation to the famous harmonica plyer Leo Diamond.

(Trying to do a search on Leo Diamond bography is complicated by the
existence of a well-known composer named David Diamond who happens to
be David *Leo Diamond, and from a type of gem known as a Leo Diamond.)

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joe and Cass Leone
<leone@xxxx> wrote:

On Oct 14, 2005, at 5:06 PM, Tom Ball wrote:

> Hate to nit-pick, but I feel obligated to set the record straight
> here.  Harmonica maestro Leo Diamond is no relation to Neil
Diamond.
> Neil Diamond's father was named Akeeba (aka Kieve,) and he was in
the
> dry goods business.
>
> cheers,
> -Tom
> __
  Where did you get this info Tom? Did it come from a book? Can it be
verified?
  It definitely is NOT nit-picking.  Leo did have a son (and a
daughter
too I believe). I was only 4 years old and it was my older sister who
knew the Diamond kids. Possibly their son is a different Neil? Also I
believe that Chris Bauer had stated at one time the Neil's father was
Leo.
  It sure would be nice to straighten it out, as it's VERY important
me.
smo-joe

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by EWOL using Declude Virus]