RE: [Harp-L] Re : How many of you really fix your harps? Really?

I fix most of my harps.  Even my Filiskos (of course they are never
the same.)

With the Golden Melodies I use for the Jam Band I'll retune a flat
note or two but if it goes out again I'll get another one.  I can get
a band new harp in very usable condition within 20 minutes. If I
spend on hour on it I can make them really sing.

Working on your own harps is a skills all harmonica players should
learn.  There are plenty of sites like www.tenhole.com (Thanks Tinus)
they tell you everything you need to know about tuning harps.

It only takes a few hours and a few harp to pick up enough skill and
experience to be able to do aynthing to a harp in 20 minutes.  And if
you break one they're only $20 bucks or less.  No worries.

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michalekstrone