RE: [Harp-L] Re : How many of you really fix your harps? Really?

Hi,

I'd like to start tuning my harps, but I don't have a chromatic tuner.  Does
anyone have any recommendations or tips on what to look for in a tuner?  I'm
also not sure about the precise tuning of individual reeds.  I've read about
adjusting certain notes to make a harp more suitable for chords or single
note playing, and I have the booklet from the Lee Oskar repair kit, which
has detailed tuning information, but I really like the sound of my marine
bands.  I think if I were to retune some of my old harps I'd want to get
them to the same tuning as a marine band, but I haven't found the details on
their exact tuning scheme anywhere.  Can someone shed some light on this
subject for me?

Thanks,
Jim