[Harp-L] MicroTrack Digital Recorder

There have a been a few questions about taping live shows ala the
awesome JayRah shows on Archive.org  There are a few ways to do it
but I happened upon the MicroTracker from M-Audio. So what do you
need to be a taper?  Below is everything you need to tape shows like
the stuff you can fine on Archive.org and other taping sites.

I really dig the Microtracker.  The frimware update (free) fixes a
few of the immeditate bugs.  The T-mic is ok but you're going to want
a real set of mics eventually.  I've assembled an awsome and complete
taping unit for not much money. I got most of my stuff on ebay or on
sale.

M-Audio MicroTrack ($299)
Hitachi 2GB microdrive ($109)
Matched pair of Studio Projects C4 condenser mics (used $250)
(I also have a pair of Gefell m200s - but you don't need them)
Edirol UA-5 Preamp that I moded to work in the field (used $175)
XLR > 1/4" TRS adapters ($30)
2 ESA portable DVD batteries ($19ea at walmart)
Segue Juice Box (voltage attenuator)($40)

For under $1000 I have a great taping rig that is useful for any live
show or simply recording the TV (if you're really bored)

The microtrack itself will only run about 2.5 hours with phantom
power.  I have the two batteries linked together to run the preamp
and the MT for a rum time that's somewhere over 15 hours.

You can record with the T mic and have decent results
http://www.michalekstrone.com/music/bluesend.mp3

The Microtrack was place on a table about 14ft from the band.  There
are noticable differences with the C4s and UA5 and there is yet
another step up in clarity with the Gefells but obviously not
everybody has to go that route.  I just wanted to have a good taping
unit for when my favorite musicians come to town.