[Harp-L] questions re Shure 545S mic

In a message dated 10/20/2005 11:33:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Go to the link on the shure website below  and download the instruction form
and connect your cable as it suggests there  for high impedance.  Sounds
pretty original to me but others will be  better informed.

Thanks Derek, i had already been there and made my post  because the
instructions in the Shure site are unclear to me.  For example,  it says, " Choice of
impedence made by choice of cable leads connected at  equipment end of cable".
 I suspect that means that the wires in the  connector that plug into the amp
can be rewired to change the  impedence.
But Tom Ellis if Tom's mics posted off list that impedence  of the 545S is
determined by the cable, not wiring inside the mic.
  At this point, i'm fairly confident that my mic is already in high
impedence mode, but it would be interesting to understand how it might be  changed to
low impedence, even tho i would never want to do that.
Most of the other 545's can be changed by changing wiring in the mic, and
fairly  clear instructions for all of them except the 545S are given on G's site
at _http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/shure545.html#intro_
(http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/shure545.html#intro) .
  Btw, interestingly and coincidentally, Tom Ball just posted that his  mic
of choice is the 545SD for harp and vocals, sitting on a mic stand.   According
to G's site, this mic supp. doesnt have the same qualities for playing
amplified hand-held harp as the discontinued 545's and PE54's.
ron