Re: [Harp-L] Re; Tuning question

Perhaps the reason you think the question from Tom regarding tuning a reed wasn't answered is it did not originate with this subject header. It originated with a cross post from harptalk via your address and it was titled How many of you fix your harps. If you follow that thread you'll see that the question was answered directly at least 6 times and then there were subsequent answers to questions regarding tuners, etc. The thread regarding tuning is an offshoot of the How many thread and the original question was,
Why don't I hear about Equal vs. Just tuning on other instruments that play both single notes and chords?

You never hear guitar or piano players discussing this. Why only harp?>

Jim Mcbride was the person who posed that and a couple of other questions. The tuning thread then went on to answer these questions. Granted nowhere is Mike Will's excellent FAQ mentioned, perhaps we should just add a footer to all of the posts that says to always check Mike's excellent web site? Well his and 10 hole and the list goes on. I think we will actually do something like that, there is a really good website of harmonica links called http://ohw.se/links/ and we will be adding it to the harp-l site as a link in the future. fjm