RE: [Harp-L] Amp modelers

Jim,

I'll let the experienced players chime in, but until they do, a few
points - Richard Hunter uses a lower model than the RPx400 (see his
recent post, today or yesterday?). He said if he were to buy one now it
might be the 400 model. He advocates using an inexpensive keyboard amp
(such as the $99 60W one from Musician's Friend, see the writeup on his
website) rather than the PA if you can, then you have "complete
control". The amp doesn't have to be fancy as the amp modeler is doing
all the work.

Chris Michalek, Fernando Bresslau, and others are using the RPx400.
Chris has done some A/B with his Bassman (vintage, not RI?) and says
it's amost indistinguishable. I believe he plans (or does) use it now
for his gigs, check his post(s). Chris has gone through the trouble of
creating a patch to have the RPx400 emulate the bassman and it was
posted on the digitech site by Fernando, along with some others. You can
edit/upload/download patches to the RPx400 using the USB interface and
X-Edit software that comes with the 400 (not available on the lower
models). This is *much* nicer than trying to enter the patches using the
device itself.

Search the harp-l site for all references to Digitech or RPx400, there
have been some good threads off and on over the last year or so.

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA