Re: [Harp-L] Switching keys

Cathal Mcg wrote:
<Is it possible to get an effects board that'll switch the pitch of your
<harp
<mic up and down semitones, so that with one harp you could play in any
<key
<you wanted, switching up and down during soloing?

Yes, the pitch shifter in a Digitech RP series device will do this under
footpedal control.

John Walden's comments about hearing the original tone clashing with the
ptich-shifted tone are true to some extent, but I find that by focusing
on the sound coming from the amp I can get around it when I use the
pitch-shifter.  The effect sounds great, although I haven't used it for
playing chromatically in the way suggested here.

However, it would not be easy to do pitch shifting with a footpedal
quickly on lines that move chromatically at high speeds.  Easier to use
a chromatic.  Or to learn to overblow.  Or almost anything else.

But for slow chromatic lines, it would probably work fine.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com