Re: RE: [Harp-L] Amp modelers

"Bill Hines" <billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can
> edit/upload/download patches to the RPx400 using the USB interface and
> X-Edit software that comes with the 400 (not available on the lower
> models). This is *much* nicer than trying to enter the patches using the
> device itself.

in most respects, this is true.  however, entering them in using the
device is not difficult, and helps me a lot to understand what the
various effects actually do.  in my case, it's an rp300, and it's got
a zillion effects, with a zillion parameters each.  so going through
the process of tweaking them individually and hearing the results
helps to learn how they all work, come the time you want to create
your own patches.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?