Subject: [Harp-L] Sorry Vern /jason ricci

Jason Ricci writes:

"In rereading my last post I have realized through some examination that  my
words may have come across a little pompous and/or condescending. This  was
not my intent. I was intending to tease and maybe taunt a little and had  no
idea at the time that some may rightfully take my post the wrong  way.
Looking back I think I was unnecessarily linking the Changing harps  thread
to the whole chromatic extinction thread and saw Vern's post as an  ugly
continuation of that, when in retrospect Vern was obviously only  teasing
too. I'm sorry to all who I may have offended I will certainly think  a
little longer before I post so quickly in the future.
Thank  you.
Sincerely
Jason Ricci"

....  Of course it wasn't your intent, Jason.  Those of us who  know you well
knew you were only teasing, as we could "hear" you say the  words.  I still
can't imagine anyone misinterpreting your teasing as  anything else, since I
too thought the post you were responding to was a  continuation of the funny old
"chromatics are becoming extinct!" thread which  really needs to be put to
bed once and for ALL, especially as there are many  chromatic players here (me
for one, lol) who know full well the  instrument isn't going anywhere and
doesn't need protection from you  riff-raff blues diatonic players  <VBG> (I'm
kidding, folks), and I  thought you were just doing a riff on it again.  Go figure
someone  would misinterpret.  Still..... by taking the High Road and
rendering  an apology, you've proven you're the Class Act I already  knew you to
be....and if I could have managed Jam Camp financially this year so  soon on the
heels of SPAH.. it would have been precisely  because you were teaching there,
as well as Froggy and  Michael.

Elizabeth