Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Sorry /Sam Hinton

The old times lament the passing of the "golden" era of harp-l. For some it was garply for others wku. I dare you to search the archives for apology as your term, it gets worse if you just use sorry. I was pretty much reading through thousands of posts trying to locate a particular post from that era and I was astounded by how often people were apologising. For every apology there had to be at least one gruff response or a misread of another post. The only that has changed since then is the total number of people you can ultimately misunderstand and react to.

On a harmonica note, if you read the post telling you to run out and buy the Sam Hinton CD which is all harmonica believe it. I just got this recording and it's fascinating. A style of playing that is very underepresented in the diatonic world. Largely 1st position, not much bending and all from a lost era. Lots of childrens songs many of them played with simultaneous lines played in different ranges. Lots of folk music in the older sense of the world. Besides the diatonic Mr. Hinton plays a chord harmonica of some sort. www.samhinton.org for ordering info, it's $25 including S&H. You have to send the money to an actual person, cheques accepted no credit cards or paypal. fjm