[Harp-L] "MacGyver" Hodgson...(was low rent mic stand)

Nice Job, Gary!
I was recently thinking about solving the same issue for taping in crowds. No visible duct tape or rubber bands on the finished product, right?! I believe a driver would have given you a few extra inches!
Hope to see you and a few more of you out tomorrow night for the Bucks County Blues Society Halloween bash featuring Pat Ramsey AND Rod Piazza!!
Zig

"so i picked
up a mic stand for $1, and a couple of golf clubs for $2
(graphite, a 5 wood and an iron, not that it matters).

so i took them home, threw out the music holder part of the stand.....then i cut off the head of a golf club, and drilled a hole in the handle. voila. instant mic stand.you slide the club shaft onto the stand part and have a ~7 foot mic stand" (Garry Hodgson)