Re: [Harp-L] MB Deluxe?

Hi John,

Yeah, I've got two of the Marine Band Deluxe (in A
and G) and I very much agree with your assesment.
Not much to write home about playability wise
(about the same a good stock MB). I did my own
reedwork on mine, however, and came away with a
~very~ playable harp.

Hugely disspointed with the half-fast job they did
sealing the comb. My A harp now has white
air-pockets creeping under the sealant on the front
of the comb tines where moisture got underneath.
When my G har arrived, I went ahead and sealed the
rest of the comb on that harp.

Very disspointed that Hohner didn't take that last
step. I can understand why they don't want to spend
time hand-arcing reeds, embossing chambers and
setting them up for overblows at the factory, but
cm'on guys! If you're gonna sell a wood-comb harp
that's sealed... well, ~SEAL~ it!

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.

http://farechase.yahoo.com