Re: [Harp-L] First tune

For me, it was in 2000, when I had downloaded a show by Roger Clyne of the
Refreshments and later the Peacemakers. It was a solo show, and he played
I'm Alright by Steve Earle. Later, I got into Ryan Adams and Dylan. When
Ryan played his licks in B-flat, I thought I had to get a B-flat harmonica.
Someone let me try one out, and I just couldn't get the sounds I was
hearing. Then later I was playing Dylan's live version of In The Pines, and
realized he was playing a C harmonica in the key of G, and from there I
realized Ryan had been playing an E-flat all along. I should have figured it
out when I first played I'm Alright, but the two situations didn't connect.
Once I got going though, I ended up getting a set of Lee Oskar's in each
key, twelve in all, which fit in a Hohner case, with enough room for a
Musician's Friend harmonica rack, the thin one, if you've ever seen it.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew

Tired of HotMail? Try Runbox. 1 gig of storage for a reasonable price.
Use this link as your referral.
http://1362.runbox.com