[Harp-L] Announcing a Boston-Providence Area Jam Session

After many years of woodshedding, going to jams and woodshedding, I've
landed my first gig.  I've been going to this jam session in Manville,
Rhode Island run by a guy named Dick Wilmer, who is something of a
fixture in the Rhode Island blues scene and a dang fine fellow.  Sadly
he had two strokes a few weeks ago and is facing a fairly long road to
recovery.

In what can only be described as a desperate move to keep the session
alive, an eruption of chutzpa from some heretofore unknown part of my
psyche motivated me to go see the club's owner the other day.  To my
surprise, she's given me the gig.  Honestly I expected her to say
no--must've been the earnest look in my eyes or the cool goatee, not
sure which.

Clearly, Dick was the guy bringing in the musicians because since his
absence, folks haven't been showing up.  Never having done this before,
I'm in need of all kinds of help to make it happen.  I can sing and blow
harp well enough but don't really have a house band yet and am not all
that sure how to hook up the PA.

So here's the thing.  Jam's need musicians and an audience.  I need a
bit of help.  If you come to play, the first beer's on me. (I'm
reinvesting all the proceeds from the night by bribing musicians with a
free beer).

So anyone from the Boston-Providence area and anyone visiting is invited
to come down to Lou's and help make this happen.  Hell, anyone that
wants to fly in from the far reaches of the globe is welcome too :-).

The place is:
Lou's Cafe
47 Summer Street
Manville, RI 02838
Time: 9:00 to Midnight
Day: Wednesday

You have my e-mail address.  My number is 508.384.0405.  Come on out.
It will be lots of fun.  And it'll be personally very rewarding to make
this happen and keep it going.  Thanks very much.

Best Wishes,
Bob Cohen