Re: [Harp-L] MB Deluxe?

Hi, guys.
 Of course cost is one of the variables. But I assure you that the MBDLX
bodies work great without being completely sealed. I am testing these
instruments for almost a year now, and I've had bad combs (unfortunately)
and good combs (almost always). So Bulldog, although you are right that
partially sealing wood causes warpage in most cases, this does not happen
with the MBDLX comb. We have been careful about that. About the discussion
of "more wooden" or "less wooden", I don't think there is a right or wrong
here. Some people like it one way, the others the other. What I can say is
what our intention was, and it was to change the comb as little as possible.
And we managed to do that. The comb looks good, feels good and plays good.
That's it.
 About eliminating the classic MB, you and me know that this is marketing
suicide. People out there know the MB, like it and want it. We cannot take
that away, we just offer them another option. BTW, the Golden Melody has
been assembled with screws for several years know, it only makes sense.
 I guess what I am trying to say is that you should give the Deluxe a try. I
turned out to be my prefered instrument, although I have always been an
advocate for plastic bodied harmonicas (for all the reasons you already
know). It is a great harmonica. And you should also give a try at the MS
harmonicas again. I have already said that here, but they are now literally
"hand made" instruments, like the MBs, the GM and the SP20. The automatic
machine has been through its life expectancy, and proved not to be what
players wanted. So it has been deactivated and the plates are assembled in
the old proven way (rivetted, gapped, tuned). We only assemble the plates,
bodies and coverplates automatically, which continues to make sense.
 All the best,
Fernando