[Harp-L] Re: "Embossing"

Okay, here's a blurry photo of what I was talking about:

http://www.auburn.edu/~mettsjg/lol-embossing.JPG

What I'd do is put the penny in the slot as shown, then apply a strong
torque and rub the edge of the penny hard against the inside of the reed
slot.  I'd do it once or twice toward all four corners of each slot on both
plates.  Took forever and hurt my wrist after a while, but as I said, it
seems to work a little bit...but since I always did it in conjunction with
regapping, retightening, etc., I may have been mistaking the benefits with
those of my other work on the harp.

Jonathan Metts